What's new

Wilkinson economie blades

What do you guys know about these blades?
I have a package off the bay on the road to home and i wonder how they shave.
I read here and there that either they are made in UK or Germany.
Some claimed they are made in Italy,propably due to the fact that they are mostly available in Italy.
Previously they were readily available in France almost everywhere.Nowdays i read that they have been hard to find in the French market.
What do you know?

I tried them once - that was enough for my liking !!

I regularly use the German made (Black plastic dispenser) Wilkinson Sword and like them
I tried the Indian made (Cardboard tuck) Wilkinson Sword and hated them

IMHO - the "Made in EU" (Blue plastic dispenser) Wilkinson Sword Economie are a a cheap, sub contract version and fall in between the German and Indian blades performance wise - mediocre on a good day
I wouldn't want either the Indian or Economie Wilkinson Sword as a free gift

the Indian wilkinson blade Works good on a smooth razor like ej89 or a gillete Tech razor , if not you have to work on Your technic, a preshave oil will help you shave and make it smooth and prolong the life of Your blade ,

I don't think Italy makes any blades at all now. The Economie blades seem to be a "Croma" type German blade , they are OK at best , but nothing like British Wilkinsons or even the old Brazilian Wilkinson Swords...

Thank you guys...
For some of you i was talking for these blades:
proxy.php

I also find the indian gillette/wilkinson blades the worst blade ever purchased,so i am a little curious about these(the economie ones).

Last edited:
Top Bottom