What's new

February Photo Challenge: Street Art (Graffiti)

Obviously, can only speak for here, but a LOT of business's pay decent for Graffiti Artists to come along and do up entire walls, even store fronts. More and more there's a lot of Graffiti work used to dress up parks, stores, etc. etc.. It's only when it gets into 'tagging' that it's a problem. People putting up there signatures and vulgarity's and that sort.

true, but from what i've read, the Permitted portion is relatively small compared to all graffiti.

From a Train Station in Portugal

proxy.php

I shot this from a moving bus in Munich on Saturday.
Actually, I shot a number of graffiti pictures on that bus ride since there was a 5 or 10 block stretch of graffiti on the way back to the hotel after spending a bit of Euro at The Pomade Shop.....
It actually has some content rather than just a bunch of sguiguilly lines.

Attachments

• IMG_20170204_132524.jpg
    IMG_20170204_132524.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 19
Great entries so far! Cash, I like that you got an actual human in your shot. Gives it literal depth. The other examples are some fine work by the artists, and good photographic compositions.

Great pictures so far.

The weather finally smartened up so that I could get out and take some pictures. We have had the dreaded four letter word weather (snow) here. It is not supposed to be this heavy and last this long.

Here is my shot for this month.
Street Art 2.jpg

It was taken on a back alley where neighbours had gotten together to cut down the graffitti by painting walls, fences and garages. While taking pictures I had a few of the people living on the street stop and talk with me, with great pride in what they have done.

Street Art 3.jpg

This is the alley where I was. You can see the remnants of the snow.

Street Art 1.jpg

The full panel that my shot was from.

Street Art 4.jpg

And finally a shot from the side of a garage further down the lane.

Street Art can actually be a defense against graffiti and tagging.

Hope you enjoy.

Kim

There's i time limit to being able to get back in. Before the software change i believe it was only 15 minutes. With the new software i was able to do an edit at 31 minutes so i'm not sure how long the new edit window is open.

dave

Street Art FS.jpg

Hi TrimBeard. Here is the shot in 1200 X 900.

I don't know what size to post here. My other shots are resized to about 6 by 4 inch. They are posted at that size.

Jim

So far I'm not dig'n this new site. I'm finding pages take quite awhile to load. I thought it was my laptop maybe, but it does it on my tablet and my office computer too.

jr_vi, much better! Now that shot really pops. Thanks.

@cash, I have mixed feelings. I like the notifications. They work better for me. Overall look and feel is definitely more with the times, too. Some little nagging things I'll review in a month or so, see how I feel about them.

loaded ok for me but Firefox forgot my credentials. I hate when sites feel that have to change things for the sake of changing...

Last Sunday was able to get out during daylight hours and after the snow for a wander. Nothing new and fresh in the neighbourhood for a number of months.

Entry as fresh as i've got.

dave

MY VOTE: Ninjashaver. I like the staid wall contrasted with the blurred pedestrian's "motion". And Hello Kitty all over a wall? Who doesn't love that? Small sample size, but great images once again. Well done, crew!

It is time to vote!
Voting Time.jpg

A great collection of shots on a possibly difficult theme. Everyone has done so well to portray the theme from different aspects. Congratulations to all who posted pictures this month.

Counting on February 26, and winner will be posted on Feb 27.

Thank you for participating.

Jim

Top Bottom