What's new

Sliding Down the Razor Blade of Life with Smattayu

Great write up and shave Eric...now I have to look at getting a bottle of Eucris. LOL. Between you and Dave...*sigh*

:devil2:

I am about 1.5 hours away, and it has cost me quite a bit as well. My wife loves to take long drives, so she encourages me to go as well.

WOW, Fred, you are indeed a Lucky Man!!

I'll second that! lol

Nice mail call, Eric!!

Thanks Chris!

Super review Eric. I bought a 6 pack of those deodorant dispensers from Amazon a couple of years ago for my Arko travel setup. If I would have known, I could have sent one along.

Looks like someone is having a good weekend!

It has had it's great moments, for sure lol.

Super review Eric. I bought a 6 pack of those deodorant dispensers from Amazon a couple of years ago for my Arko travel setup. If I would have known, I could have sent one along.

Thanks Walt! I've been meaning to get one or two for so long, and have kept forgetting to add it to the cart lol. putting the Arko in it helped ease the OCD tremendously, but the wrapper was jacked up so now I need to order more Arko so I can have the tube labelled properly. :lol:

Nice mail call, good reads, and good shaves.

Thanks Craig!

I wonder if our vendors see 'bumps' in sales of various items and wonder if Dave's been Enabling again? :lol:

Who Me???? Nawwwww LOL

Dunno, I got busted looking at Eucris last night and got the "you shall not pass" message from SWMBO. :thumbup:

Shall I call her or send her some flowers on your behalf with a pleading for the Eucris:c6:

I'll probably sneak some in after the heat is off. :lol:

I'm pretty sure the vendors don't need to wonder lol.

Do it! You will not be sorry. :thumbup:

Straight razor shave #206

Pre-shave: Musgo Real glyce lime
Brush: Black Walnut 24mm Tuxedo
Razor: ERN Ator
Soap: WSP Formula T Gaelic Tweed
Aftershave: TTFFC Play it Again, Sam
Cologne: TTFFC Play it Again, Sam

It's been too long since I grabbed this soap from WSP. I've tried their Rustic line and while it performed great, it had more of a drying affect on my skin than I like. When they came out with Formula T I was really excited, and hoped that it would perform just as well without the drying. I was even more excited when I tried it and found that it performed even better than Rustic, and that the post shave was excellent. I've yet to smell Creed's GIT, but I've heard that they got very close and the scent from this tub is fairly strong and very pleasant.

It is very rare that I can finish up three passes and find a DFS waiting for me, but today was one of those days. DFS on the cheeks is usually possible after two passes, but my neck hair grows in so many different directions that it usually goes from SAS after the third pass to either DFS or BBS after the clean up. It was a good feeling knowing that I could stop if I wanted to and be happy with the results after the third pass, but I decided to chase it. Now, I know that more often than not those words herald the beginning of a story of epic bloodshed or irritation so bad that the victim's face looks like it spent all day on a roof in July covered in butter, but this is not one of those. Clean up nailed it and I stepped away with a wondermous BBSG. This offering from TTFFC is really nice, was priced well, and is one that I find myself going to often when I can't decide on a frag. There's little if any evolution in the scent, but it seems to go with a lot of my currently unmatched soaps.

The way the wider than normal tang on the Ator slopes down to the spine seems to give it something extra in the way of grip, and I wish there were more razors that had the same design. It makes it so much easier to get into the hollows of my neck, and the overall feel and balance of the razor is improved by it. It's a great shaver and I enjoy using it.

proxy.php

Have an excellent Sunday, friends.

Great shave Eric. I have their version of Barbershop. Smelled ok, performance was great. I prefer Stirling ' s take on the Barbershop scent.

Top Bottom