What's new

What did you hone today?

IMG_1886-2.JPG

A Rodgers with nice grinds and thumb notch with little hone wear.Lots of detail went into these old beauties.It shaves good too!

IMG_5242.JPG
....and while the stones were out, a 6/8 Thiers-Issard "LeDandy" with these ridiculously cheesy scales! I gotta grt these replaced.....

JosephAllen.jpg
So I finally broke down and admitted that my King 1K was not getting my razors sharp enough. I picked up a Naniwa 1K yesterday and reset the bevel on my Joseph Allen with it. I then gave it a nice corticule finish.

This mornings shave was the best shave I have ever had with that razor. I love the fact that the Naniwa was splash and go since I have never been able to keep my King wet enough

2 NOS Solingen razors

Attachments

• 2017-02-20 10.15.42.jpg
    2017-02-20 10.15.42.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 2017-02-20 09.58.07.jpg
    2017-02-20 09.58.07.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • 2017-02-20 09.25.01.jpg
    2017-02-20 09.25.01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
This was not what I honed today.
It was yesterday ok. So I had the afternoon off and I got a new Hone few days back. So a bunch of razors just had to get the business.
proxy.php

I was curious if C135 steel would make the Awasedo cry. Nope hone won.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

IMG_0262.JPG
Sheffield Thomas turner and German wester brothers. Each received bevel correction on dmt 1200 with 200 laps on bbw with coticule slurry and 100 laps on coticule with water and 100 with mineral oil.

Interested to see what would happen taking a Coticule edge on this True Pipe to an Aloxite Superfine #200 synthetic:
IMG_6918.JPG

It worked surprisingly well and really brought up the sharpness without becoming too harsh or clinical.
This is an experiment I'll definitely repeat.

I love that coticule , dymaxion.

And yeah i could never soak my king brick enough it stopped drinking. I think water just fell through it top to bottom.

My King 1k is in the bucket 365 days a year. If it dries out it is because I forgot to drop it back in. My last King that got too thin was always in the bucket for at least 6 years.

Klas Tornblom
Odori chu
Nakayama kiita

My first go with this setup of stones and put a very smooth edge on.
Very nice Honing sensation off the Nakayama. Velvety smooth with a tomo slurry.
Bevel had been set previously and the razor was in good shape beforehand. Very happy with both of these stones.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Nice setup you have there. I bet the colors in the soft ark really pop when wet don't they?

Nice setup you have there. I bet the colors in the soft ark really pop when wet don't they?
Thanks, and yes, they do.
On the lighter end there are little bits of red/pink and brown. It's a lovely hone, and it cuts pretty fast.
HHT on the Schumacher is very nice, but of course, the shave will tell all. Tomorrow evening. I need a bit of growth for it.

Top Bottom