What's new

What is the cheapest brush you have used or using

I know many users here have multiple brushs and couple of them very costly.

I just wanted know what is cheapest brush anyone using or used and got great lather .

If u were getting great lather why did u stop using it ??

I myself have only one brush that is Pamolive Nylon Brush . I brought this in India and it's costs 70 Rs which is like 1.20$ in here. It gives me great lather

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The cheapest brush I have is a RazoRock Plissoft with the Bruce handle. It was $10, but it's one of the best brushes I own. If I didn't like my boar brushes so much, I'd probably buy a couple more of these and just be happy with them.

The cheapest brush I've ever used is the infamous Tomtop brush, bought for £1.80 on Ebay two years ago. Fantastic brush for money, it got even better after a few dozen shaves (I know synthetic fibers, but what can I say it somehow broke in...)

I've stopped using because the Plisson/L'Occitane is my usual brush.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The cheapest brush I've ever used is the infamous Tomtop brush, bought for £1.80 on Ebay two years ago. Fantastic brush for money, it got even better after a few dozen shaves (I know synthetic fibers, but what can I say it somehow broke in...)

I've stopped using because the Plisson/L'Occitane is my usual brush.

proxy.php

proxy.php
Holy moly that's awesome lather .. What is the soap which u used ?

Holy moly that's awesome lather .. What is the soap which u used ?

Mitchell Wool Fat (I used the Kent labeled), it took/takes usually 3 whole minutes of palm lathering to achieve this result, adding few drops of water during the process..

Mitchell Wool Fat (I used the Kent labeled), it took/takes usually 3 whole minutes of palm lathering to achieve this result, adding few drops of water during the process..
ohh . That makes sense, I only lather for 1min or less. I should do for more time

Omega 10066, which I have had and used for about two years. The plastic ring around the knot has split, but that doesn't affect anything. And if it ever does, I have a new one waiting in the wings. Great brush for about $10. I would happily pay more for this brush, but I'm really thankful that I don't have to.

RazoRock Blondie boar.

I think it was on sale for about $6 and it's spectacular!

I put it in a vintage barbershop handle. I need to buy a few more of the Blondie brushes. Very good boar brush.

Omega 13522. Best shaving related $6.50 I ever spent. I just bought a back-up in case I ever wear it out or lose it. Inflation made it $7.50 from WCS. It would still be a bargain at twice the price.

-Kesto

Men-U ..less then £8, my first boar brush it was horrible at first, smelly and prickly, until I read you should soak it for 48 hrs and voila..transformed, quite stiff but the best lather of all of my brushes from silver tip to synthetic!!

Omega 10086 Bigger Bambino. A fabulous little boar brush (for 5.95 GBP shipped) which I use every day.

upload_2017-2-19_21-2-57.png

Nekid.

upload_2017-2-19_21-4-33.png

And with his Noddy Hat on.

Cheapest one I have, not including a ER100, was part of a stand and brush kit for around $13 total. I probably won't replace it until it is past its useful life.

Sent via mobile - Chris

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Bought new (besides a long ago trashed Van der Hagen boar) is the Semogue 1470 I got for under 10 euros.

full

Bought used is my vintage Floris I got for about the same price. Lovely big pure badger made in England.

full

I've spent much more but these brushes are used regularly because they perform.

I do own cheaper brushes but I draw the line on stuff I don't enjoy using.

I got an Omega Syntex for only $7.50. It did the job. It would not be my first choice but if I had to live with just that, I could do it.

Syntex.jpg

Top Bottom