What's new

Target shaving supplies

I got some last weekend and used it once and trashed the rest. Absolutely horrible. There's a reason it says "Flash Foam" on the front! You get instant foam that vanishes in a flash.

Agreed. I'll ship my tube to anyone who wishes to try it.
But I gave it two very dedicated tries before making the call. It's too airy. Almost Williams like.....
If anyone wants it to try, pm me and I'll pass it along. First come, first serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I gave it two very dedicated tries before making the call. It's too airy. Almost Williams like.....
If anyone wants it to try, pm me and I'll pass it along. First come, first serve.

Williams Soap actually works if lathered properly . not that i tried this stuff in the tube i wouldnt mind trying the new cremo thought never got any response back from them about samples of there new brushable cream but after seen reviews on it on here i was kinda glad i didnt pick any up when i was at target a over week ago.

The olivina is a spoken for. Hopefully the recipient will post their thoughts and experiences with it. I don't see how it could go very well, but I'm sure there is better techniques out there than what I have.

went to my local target and none of this good stuff is there. Darn you Target! but it does make it easier to not break my restraint when I'm just looking at lots of VDH supplies and Harry's Razors.

I wasnt impressed with the Cremo lathering cream at all. Takes a ton of water to make a sub par lather with no cushion, I switched to Stirlings after the first pass.
+1. I used the Cremo Sandalwood today and the lather was subpar. Almost no cushion, it seemed to dry out instantly. I wondered if my problem was my lack of familiarity with creams, as I use soaps, but I'm not sure I want to try the Cremo again

I stopped by Target recently and I noticed that they some Cremo. I smelled the sandalwood cream and I felt that the fragrance was a little off-putting. It doesn't smell anything like sandalwood but then again I've reached a point where I have no idea how actual sandalwood smells since every sandalwood scented product that I've tried has smelled different from the next. I sort of wanted to try it out anyway but I decided against it after seeing the reviews in this thread.

+1. I used the Cremo Sandalwood today and the lather was subpar. Almost no cushion, it seemed to dry out instantly. I wondered if my problem was my lack of familiarity with creams, as I use soaps, but I'm not sure I want to try the Cremo again
Yeah, I gave it to my 16 yr old daughter for her legs. She just smears it on anyway.

I've not tried any of these Target items, but after seeing this feedback, I'm finding it all very dissapointing. This will be many people's introduction to safety razors and soap/brushes, etc. and it's wholly underwhelming. Over-priced, too. Bummer.

Give that stuff a whirl and see how that goes... then try out some artisan soaps and other known brushes etc etc get a feel of stuff

I've not tried any of these Target items, but after seeing this feedback, I'm finding it all very dissapointing. This will be many people's introduction to safety razors and soap/brushes, etc. and it's wholly underwhelming. Over-priced, too. Bummer.
Maybe it will get people curious about safety razors and higher quality soaps and creams. I'm sure that many people aren't even aware that options apart from canned gel and pricey cartridges exist. As long as this stuff is at least a small improvement over the canned goods, then it shouldn't turn people away.

Top Bottom