What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Watched Encino Man with my boys (11 and 8 years). Holy smokes, last I watched this was probably 1997? So much fun tonight....not a "great" movie by any means but it was completely "great" fun. We laughed and laughed.

John Wick: Chapter 2 With this kind of movie you don't really go in with very high demands so for what it is, it was entertaining. I can't say I liked this chapter as much as I liked the first. It seemed a bit more senseless and unfocused. Sometimes less is more but the philosophy here was more is more. Count on a John Wick 3.

Do the books get any better as they progress? I just finished the first book, "Killing Floor", and it read like a rough draft sorely in need of judicious editing and significant revisions. I thought he (Lee Child) had the basis for a good story but the writing is pretty bad. I could easily site multiple examples that I won't go into here. I really wanted to like this series because the Reacher character is cool but the first book does nothing to make me want to read any further. Do they get any better after the first book?

Yes, each book builds on the previous one. I like them a great deal.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai - most earthlings are blissfully unaware of the danger we were in from the beings from Planet Ten (of the Eighth Dimension). This biopic of our intrepid hero reveals this hidden history.

Lion I really enjoyed this movie and it's all the more remarkable because it's a true story and it was very well done. It's a bittersweet tale and definitely a crier. There was a guy about 6 seats down from me who looked to be the type who was dragged in by his girlfriend. I could hear him sniffling away. There were a lot of people wiping their eyes including me. Recommended!

My library now has "LINK" service, so I can check out dvd's anywhere in the state and they will deliver them to my local library, really amazing to have such luxury !...Watched 2 Jason Stratham films , Redemption and Blitz...both are good old fashioned kick *** movies, Jason is great in these roles...Mechanic Resurrection is much better, but these are good for older , cheaper works..

Top Bottom