What's new

Hello!

i am new to this forum. I'll be doing some research about straight razors and how to shave using them. I purchased a $10 straight razor to practice with from Amazon. This:
IMG_1258.PNG

I see a lot of cheap razors that look high quality but some need to be honed. I will learn how to do that someday but my goal is to not spend a lot of money. I won't skimp on getting a quality razor though. I only want one to use forever so I need to figure out which one is the best for me. I want quality so it can be passed down and keep getting used. I am open to suggestions so please share your experiences and advise. The straight razor above is easy to use. I shaved my entire face with it and cut myself up pretty good. Wrong angles and pressure, also not having any muscle memory but that will all get better with time. I finished with my Merkur 34C which seemed even more of a godsend after trying the straight razor. I will definitely make sure my boys have one of those in their shaving bag. Anyway this is all good fun.

Welcome to B&B. You might want to check out The Feather razors that take the Artist Club blades. They would give you good practice until you get all of your straight razor gear together.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Sorry that I cannot be of any help. As ugly as I am, I've never wanted to try a straight for fear of disfiguring myself.
Good luck and most importantly welcome to B&B.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Nice to meet you! Check out the straight razor forum. Those guys are a very knowledgeable bunch.

@Skjchaney Welcome to Badger & Blade! I am sure you will find over in the straight razor forum a wealth of information that might be useful to you. Take a look around the site...there are a lot of conversations going on! Welcome Friend!

Top Bottom