What's new

Sole food

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Only you can answer that question Mike. If you are on the fence, you could have a steak on standby just in case.
Just curious, is it a whole fish or fillets?
What ever receipe you go for will be nice, my only advise is not to over cook it.

I should be ok give or take my lack of experience cooking it. Nice looking flash frozen fillets. I have on occasion had the frozen breaded type you broil. I criminally add a ton of tarter sauce substitute (mayo and relish) and cider vinegar.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I should be ok give or take my lack of experience cooking it. Nice looking flash frozen fillets. I have on occasion had the frozen breaded type you broil. I criminally add a ton of tarter sauce substitute (mayo and relish) and cider vinegar.
Have you ever tried malt vinegar? I think that is the best thing for fish.

I have to say that I think the last time I had flounder I battered and fried it. Not what I usually do but it worked for that mild piece of fish.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thanks for the ideas guys.

Thinking a foil pouch, lemon, garlic, dill, olive oil, on the grill outside will be a good 1st attempt. The question becomes one of will I just do this for my wife and do a steak for myself or will I . . . gulp. . . . partake of the fish.

Mike, this a good choice. It will produce a nice mild flavored fish that's flaky and moist. As Chris stated earlier, don't over cook it.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Was I the only one hoping Sole was a typo for Soul? I was sadly disappointed at not seeing a thread full of pictures of Soul Food

proxy.php
...Mike got us both.
proxy.php

431846-943d04288d2571d92f6cbc1955eb8dc0.jpg
"Always do [sole/soul food] right; this will gratify some people [and—well], astonish the rest". Mark Twain

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I thought he was taking the Mickey. Either way it sounds like a solid idea. A fatty with oysters, prawns, mussels, sole or even crayfish smack bang in the middle.
Re-reading it, you are right. He probably meant fattty and not tatty.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Was it a Texas Mickey? (A strange Canadian term for a 3 liter bottle of hard liquor. Preferably Rye Whisky)

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Tatty did not compute here in Texas. Soooo, it was translated to fatty.

...I didn't take Mickey.

proxy.php

Was it a Texas Mickey? (A strange Canadian term for a 3 liter bottle of hard liquor. Preferably Rye Whisky)

I had to look that up. Now that's a big bottle of top shelf.
Looks like you call a Mickey in Canada what we call a hip flask and as every thing in Texas is big..... All make good sence to me. :)

Taking the Mickey is cockney slang (from Mickey Bliss) for....taking the.......well lets just say poking fun at.

I remember my late father in law Jock talking about Lemon Sole after his wife had passed away. She was never very imaginative and soon after they were married he made the mistake of telling her the grilled Lemon Sole she served up with chips on a Friday was really nice.

He got Lemon Sole and chips on Friday for the next 50 years!

We used to take him to the pub for cod and chips. He loved it.

Gareth

Top Bottom