What's new

Acquisitions December 15 - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The local post men are on strike, so I'm having to wait longer for things that I know should have arrived .:mad:

The local post men are on strike, so I'm having to wait longer for things that I know should have arrived .:mad:

wow, that is a bummer!
Well, I just scored the B&B Essential. I am looking forward to that. Hurry, only 68 left!

I've just bought my first boar bristle brush for 3,49€ :rolleyes:. It lathered well on the first test drive (haven't shaved yet).

proxy.php

Not too bad so far. The black razor is a mililitary gillette, and the brown is a "Slant Stroke" razor. Almost completely plastic, and despite its name, it isn't a slant razor :frown:

Also picked up a barely used Gillette ladies travel razor. But... its of the Central/South American variety: "Marcas Regs".

And not sure I can get past the scent of Tabac....

After many months of coveting, I finally have my Lined Chatsworth (and some other goodies)! Although I was a bit surprised to see that it has the new Mühle head, instead of my beloved Merkur head. I'm very interested to see how it performs...Aesthetically, I love it. Its clean lines give it an elegance that is somewhat lacking in the Merkurs.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
After many months of coveting, I finally have my Lined Chatsworth (and some other goodies)! Although I was a bit surprised to see that it has the new Mühle head, instead of my beloved Merkur head. I'm very interested to see how it performs...Aesthetically, I love it. Its clean lines give it an elegance that is somewhat lacking in the Merkurs.

full

Very nice, the lined Chatsworth is next on my list! I hadn't paid attention recently, when did they stop using Merkur heads? Is it still possible to get one with a Merkur head?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice Score!

interesting, an update would be great on the performance and difference in the Mühle head!

Hello All.

I have been absent from these parts for some time now but finally have a sufficiently interesting occurrence which I feel required to share.

My new bottle of Penhaligon’s Elixir arrived today (which I ordered un-sampled hoping it would differ enough from Hammam Bouquet not to smell like fresh diaper on my skin) and although it was intended as a Christmas present from the wife she allowed me a few minutes with the latest edition to the den so that I could sample, photo and post the results.

It goes without saying that the packaging is first rate (as with all of Penhaligon’s offerings). The scent, in my humble opinion, is terrific. I really pick up the eucalyptus and cinnamon and the rose of course. Foolish folly of impulse justified. No more regrets about Hammam Bouquet.

Wishing you and yours a Happy Holiday Season and a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.

Enjoy the pics

Dapper Dan Man

proxy.php

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom