What's new

How many of you have both a thin and thick Old Type?

I do, but I don't use either one. Just can't figure out how to get a close, consistent shave with them.

My last two acquisitions have been Gillette Old Types. The Single Ring is a thin cap, the ball-end Old Type has a thick cap.

I haven't shaved much with either one, but I did notice a difference in the shaves between the two.

I do and I don't really have a preference for either. They work well enough and get the job done as well as any vintage Gillette. I just have so many others that I enjoy more.

You never will by not using them.

I've tried them enough. Life's too short to use a razor that doesn't work for me. I've got plenty of others that do, although interestingly the only vintage DE that works for me is a Le Coq cage comb. I've got plenty of vintage Gem-blade and Schick injector razors that work, but none of my vintage Gillette DEs. Some aggressive modern DEs, on the other hand, are tremendous.

I do and I don't really have a preference for either. They work well enough and get the job done as well as any vintage Gillette. I just have so many others that I enjoy more.

This sort of sums it up for me. Everyone's different.

Yes, I have both. I don't notice much difference between them and they are both great shavers, among my favourites.

I have 3 Old types and not sure if they are thick or thin. I would guess they are thin though. I measured them 2.4 mm at their thickest point.

I've got a Single Ring, as well as a thick-capped ball-end Old Type. Also, I've an ABC, sort of another variation, and I have both comb styles of that.

A Gillette NEW!:001_tt2:

If I get enough responses We will be having a Grudge Match in April.

Hi,

Um, don't we go from the Old to the New Improved before we move on to the New? ;)

I sensed a disturbance in the Force, like a Grudge Match between the Thin and the Thick is coming right for us! And, I was correct!

I no longer have a Thick, but do have an NI should that pop up on GM radar....

Stan

Top Bottom