What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

I got mine on black friday if this year. Same story with me. A little more dramatic cuz my family was totally against me switching. My mom pitched a fit. Dad said I'd hate it. My sister thought I'd pitch a fit. My best friend dusting encouraged me. Now I'm getting him a complete kit for his birthday cuz he's impressed with the shaves I'm getting. He won't get a micro touch 1 though, maybe a weishi, or a cheap razorock. He needs a MILD razor.
The Micro Touch One is a Weishi, and a very mild razor.

The Micro Touch One is a Weishi, and a very mild razor.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh. He doesn't need to know thaaaaaaaat. ;-)

I think the micro touch one is the only weishi available in chrome plated brass. I've seen em in copper, aluminum, zinc alloy, but never in solid brass that's chrome coated. Either way I'm glad it's good quality.

My objection to ALL TV and sports stars appearing in advertising is that IMO they are paid shills. There is nothing that makes them experts on the items being advertised. They are in it for the money. The same is true for the mouthpieces who appear in multiple product advertisements. My attitude is that if it requires massive advertising then I probably do not need it. I look to specialty places like B&B for information as 98% of advertising is lies and exaggeration.

Fyi they have been found out as fakes...yes there is a pawn shop yes there are people working there but no it is not the people from pawn shop..somebody found them out a long time ago...even the items they had for sale was sub par trash...nothing like the tv series...

@hcoop111 Is that really a surprise? Have you ever been in a pawn shop that was nice and had nice stuff? They're junk brokers in my experience. Still you can sometimes find a deal.

@hcoop111 Is that really a surprise? Have you ever been in a pawn shop that was nice and had nice stuff? They're junk brokers in my experience. Still you can sometimes find a deal.
Our local pawn shop has some nice stuff and a premium price tag to match. Some of their used stuff is almost as much and sometimes more than new. Kinda figures though.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Our local pawn shop has some nice stuff and a premium price tag to match. Some of their used stuff is almost as much and sometimes more than new. Kinda figures though.

Yeah, right after I sent that, I thought about a pawn shop being in Vegas. I'm betting they have quite a jewelry counter... Probably more than a few engagement rings on display haha

Where I grew up, the biggest pawn shop was almost exclusively a gun shop. Had a small jewelry showroom. And then the other smaller shops in town were basically junk dealers. Lots of guitars and amps, video games, tvs, computers, whatever people could get a few bucks out of when money was tight.

The MTO was my first DE experiment. I liked it well enough after experimenting with multiple blades. Now, I rotate between a pre-war Gillette Tech and a 1961 Fatboy. Gifted the MTO, a selection of blades, creams, soaps and a brush to my son.

Well, then he might also not want to know that neither of them is brass. :001_rolle

Mine is brass.

What are Weishi razors made of? I have two of them, one a Weishi 9306F with chrome plating and one a GoldDachs brand with gold colored plating. Except for the color of the plating, they are identical, including the weight. And they look EXACTLY like the One Razor, including the little mirrored box. But I've always assumed Zamak. Very mild shavers but of sturdy quality with nice TTO actions.

What are Weishi razors made of? I have two of them, one a Weishi 9306F with chrome plating and one a GoldDachs brand with gold colored plating. Except for the color of the plating, they are identical, including the weight. And they look EXACTLY like the One Razor, including the little mirrored box. But I've always assumed Zamak. Very mild shavers but of sturdy quality with nice TTO actions.
Idk for sure. But here is a table of the weishi 9306 and their weights and materials
WEISHI 9306 MODELS

I can confirm that the head and doors are brass, as I cut one up today to make a DEvette. Mine was a proper MTO with Rick on the box and it came with the stand. Hope this clears up any concerns. Cheers.

Top Bottom