What's new

Viking Razor

A friend just gave this to me. Does anyone know anything about this razor? I haven't recalled seeing or hearing anything about it on this site but he claims it has a sensational review from Amazon.

Thanks,
Joel

Any pics? Are you referring to Thor's razor?

proxy.php

• Advanced butterfly head for a SUPER QUICK 5 second blade change during tough shaving battles
• All materials from Sweden
• ZERO cuts and resistance with our patented micro-comb system
• Hand-crafted from a manly mix of brass and bronze alloy, coated with shiny holy chrome of the gods
• OPTIMAL heavy weight
• BONUS travel case and a mirror for the nomadic Vikings
• Comes with 5 RAW, UNBRANDED, UNPOLISHED super sharp platinum-coated blades made from Swedish steel. As a real man, do you need all that BS branding fluff?
• Instead of focusing on marketing and jacking up the price, we bring you the same quality weapon of the big boys for a fraction of the cost!

Hi there,
There seems to be some customer confusion as recently there has been an increase in the number of unauthorized replicas/ private labelled "same same but different" knockoffs. So to help inform future consumers better, the short answer to your question is YES.

Here is why:

(1) We are the original inventor and designer of this model with a finalizing patent application- waiting to be published and enforced, so with due respect the rest are infringing on our design and free riding on our intellectual properties.

(2) All our metals and alloys are imported from Sweden with a stamped certificate of origin and are mixed and forged using a proprietary formula and technology to ensure a lifetime of use with consistency and minimal mechanical wear and zero corrosion, whereas others use readily available materials from unverified sources in Asia. Hence the low price.

(3) All our razors are custom made to our exact specifications in small batches with superb quality control, whereas the rest are mass copied and produced without authorization. Think why there are over 50 clones of Merkur, Parker, Edwin Jagger and even the super cheap but popular Weishi. Weishi themselves are around $12-$15, yet you will see plenty of Weishi clones selling for $9-$12.

(4) You get a lifetime warranty against all factory defects, corrosion and malfunctioning- not 30 days, 60 days, 90 days or 1 year like others.

(5) In the razor market, you do get what you pay for.

(6) We do not have "I receive this item for free or discount for an 'honest' review."

Hope this answers all your doubts.

Skol.

Old man Julian Vue
Vikings Blade Founder

.. dot

Hmmmmmmm...not surprised they manufacture the razor offshore ,but I am thinking these could be Aeterna blades which I believe are made unbranded today....Years ago they had spectacular blade wrapper art..

Attachments

• $Aeterna.jpg
    $Aeterna.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 563
Great shaver, can be had elsewhere for $9.99

Dorco sells the razor as part of their Dorco Prime set. Dorco claims that their's is all brass, plated chrome. You don't make that claim for yours and are always up-front in your descriptions. Do you think Dorco is accurate? Do you think there are non-Baili affiliated factories pumping these things out in different materials?

Dorco sells the razor as part of their Dorco Prime set. Dorco claims that their's is all brass, plated chrome. You don't make that claim for yours and are always up-front in your descriptions. Do you think Dorco is accurate? Do you think there are non-Baili affiliated factories pumping these things out in different materials?
I believe the Dorco is a Weishi. The quality of the two are quite a bit different.

I believe the Dorco is a Weishi. The quality of the two are quite a bit different.

Used to be a Weishi. Dorco Prime switched to the Baili within the last year. What do you know about who's maufacturing these things? Do you think there is really an all brass version? What do you think about Viking's claim that it's their design?

As to the quality - you're right, Baili's doing a nice job on their recent razors' chroming and stamping. You probably know this, but one way to tell, especially on TTO's, is to look at the base plate from a side view - particularly the "L" shaped 90 degree bend that makes the safety bar. On most all Weishis (on Parker's too), the bend will not be a uniform 90 degrees on both sides - one side is always off. The old Gillettes and the Baili are pretty even on both sides.

Hmmmmmmm...not surprised they manufacture the razor offshore ,but I am thinking these could be Aeterna blades which I believe are made unbranded today....Years ago they had spectacular blade wrapper art..
I believe their unbranded blades are baili blades with the external wrapper removed
Their 3 piece razor, The Godfather, "Comes with 5 RAW, UNBRANDED, UNPOLISHED super sharp platinum-coated blades made from Swedish steel." as well, however, they didn't remove the external wrapper from these:
proxy.php

this is what a Baili branded blade pack looks like:
proxy.php

this is a blade that my older version baili tech came with:
proxy.php

I'm pretty sure baili makes their razors.
The real question is if it's their original design or not. Based on the stock photo of their TTO, there is NOT a Baili 'B' under the doors.. all other vendors who sell this design have the aforementioned 'B'... I'm curious to know if it actually does or not.
this is what I'm talking about:
proxy.php

Top Bottom