What's new

merkur 15c vs Merkur 1904 open comb

Agreed. I'm thinking of adding the head from the 15c/25c to my current razor that runs a Merkur 34c head.

Isn't a 25c a 3 piece and a 34c a 2 piece?

Yes, the 34c is a 2 piece, but I understand that the head on the 34c is the same head that I have on my 3 piece razor from T&H. In other words, I'm referencing the safety bar nature of the 34C's head shape, NOT the fact that it is a 2 piece. Anyway, back on thread, what I'm really interested in learning about is the difference between these two open comb designs from Merkur. From the little that I've been able to read here, it seems that the 15C/25C is chrome plated while the 1904 is nickel?

I use the 15C with the handle from an old crappy headed Parker- and it makes it a really nice razor! Very much like the 11C which cannot be gotten new anymore!:a36:

Yes, the 34c is a 2 piece, but I understand that the head on the 34c is the same head that I have on my 3 piece razor from T&H. In other words, I'm referencing the safety bar nature of the 34C's head shape, NOT the fact that it is a 2 piece. Anyway, back on thread, what I'm really interested in learning about is the difference between these two open comb designs from Merkur. From the little that I've been able to read here, it seems that the 15C/25C is chrome plated while the 1904 is nickel?

What is the difference between the 15C and the 1904 in how they shave?

Top Bottom