What's new

Lathering - a poll.

How many times do you lather how many passes?

• more than 4

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can't figure out how to do a poll here so I'll just ask an open ended question.

How many times, from stropping your blade to putting your blade back in the case, do you lather your face? How many passes.

For me the answer for both is two..sometimes just once.

I usually do three. I was in a habit of just touching up with a dry face but since I went to three latherings a few months ago, I've enjoyed a better shave with fewer weepers.

Normally 2 with the straight or DE. However if I do a poor job with the straight I will go back over it with the DE.

Well, it's sometimes three, sometimes four, but I always lather once more than I make a pass. I like to lather one more time after I'm all done and let the soap/cream condition my skin a little. It also helps tremendously if I have any nicks or weeps. So, it might be two or three passes, but three or four lathers.

Three would be normal but I have started doing an extra lather when i do the touch up, I think it's a good idea to have lather on the face if you intent to shave.

Normally four passes with the straight. Generally will go back and put a little lather on a spot that needs a little more attention, so 4+ on the lathering.

2 is my regular; wtg and then xtg. I do 3 passes if I haven't shaved in a while because I miss shaving. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Lather, strop, lather, WTG, rinse, lather, ATG, rinse, lather, XTG, rinse, lather, ATG touch up.

This makes 4 latherings and 4 passes.

Top Bottom