What's new

Swedish Gillette - substitutes or source

I'm looking for a source for Swedish Gillettes - anyone here have updated info for this?

Additionally, what other blades that are readily available have worked well for those who favor the S.G.s? Feathers are too sharp for me, but some other blades don't make for as clean a shave as the SGs do for me.

Thanks in advance for any feedback! I'm also reviewing other threads for info.

The Gillette Swedes are long gone from the market.

The closest thing available are these White Cardboard Box Platinum, but they are pretty expensive and only seem to be available in parts of Europe. I believe that they are made PPI in St. Petersburg. I've used them and to my face they were very close to the originals.

Another good Gillette Platinum are the Russian Blue Box. I'm not sure if these are still in production. They were available in larger quantities a while back.

Last edited:
The Gillette Swedes are long gone from the market.

The closest thing available are these White Cardboard Box Platinum, but they are pretty expensive and only seem to be available in parts of Europe. I believe that they are made PPI in St. Petersburg. I've used them and to my face they were very close to the originals.

Another good Gillette Platinum are the Russian Blue Box. I'm not sure if these are still in production. They were available in larger quantities a while back.

I found the white platinums in a few stores in Bologna, Italy a couple weeks ago. Also saw them in a shaving shop in Ferrarra. Not that you'll be in Italy; just pointing our they are still available there in retail stores.

Top Bottom