Simpson Berkeley Best
Musgo Real
Gillette Goodwill 162
Timor (24)
Santa Maria Novella Emulsione Analcolica ASB
Santa Maria Novella Vetiver ***

Toyo Special | Thäter | Marrakesh | Rancé Le Vainqueur
proxy.php

I refuse to give up on this soap! So today I used a very wet brush loaded heavily and went straight to the face (a la the Italian Master Barber/Marco technique). The lather whipped up thick and luxurious. When I started the first pass, lather was up to 1/2 inch thick in places and the scent was absolutely intoxicating. By the time my first pass was finished, the lather had thinned considerably, but was still efficacious. I had a DFS after a single pass - this soap really leads to a great shave. After some touch ups and a light XTG pass, I was near BBS and ready to finish getting dressed. The Le Vainqueur is a new addition. It's a complex somewhat funky scent that was allegedly made for Napoleon. The notes are listed as: nutmeg, ginger, melon, citruses and watermelon; middle notes are lavender, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and geranium; base notes are leather, orris, amber and musk. I'm waiting for the dry down, but so far it's wearing close to the skin and definitely shows some animalic tendencies. An interesting new addition!

Gillette Fusion Proglide
La Roche-Posay Lipikar moisturizing face soap
Omega Shaving Soap
Omega 621 Pure Badger Shaving Brush
La Roche-Posay After Shave Balm
La Roche-Posay Eye Contour Cream
Lab Series Daily Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 15
Eau de Parfum: Tubérouse Criminelle by Serge Lutens

Today, a gentleman shave!

proxy.php

Pre Art of Shaving Unscented Oil + T&H Grafton shaving cream + Simpson Duke3 Best + Feather Portable open Muhle with Gillette Platinum #2 + Thayers Lavender "alum" + T&H Grafton balm

A really good shave! It's incredible how change a razor head when you use it in another handle... in this Feather Portable it works really well, but in a Fat Tech was terrible...

Cheers!

This is what I would call a "Beachwood Place Mall" shave.. all items can be found at the mall (except for the RIP CO Bigelow Balm)

Brush: Art of Shaving Genuine Badger

Soap: Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna

Aftershave: CO Bigelow Black ASB

& CO Bigelow Black body spray

Razor: Wilkinson TracII clone w/ Bump Fighter handle (ok, this is Walmart stuff)

Good Morning!

MR GLO
Gillette NEW Norfolk
Treet Black Beauty Blade
Simpson Colonel
Ingram S/C
Razorock Alum
Witch Hazel w/peppermint & aloe
Osage Rub + 444 Balm

Desperately needed a frigid shave this morning in order to help and soothe my nasty migraine...The combo of all of the above was just what the doctor ordered...Ingram freezes your face from the get go and provides great lather, glide & protection...Osage Rub and 444 balm combined is like grabbing a block of ice and placing it on your face...sooo very nice, soothing and will certainly wake up the senses (or numb them). Have a great day gents!

Thursday:

Bump Fighter
Omega Pro
Palmolive Classic
Alum Block
Aqua Velva
Afta Original
Jovan Musk After Shave/Cologne
:c18:

Thursday, May 3, 2012. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Hills Brothers Original Blend
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick I1
Blade: Schick
Soap: TABAC
Brush: Semogue SOC
Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik
Post: Cold water rinse followed by some TABAC After Shave Lotion

$Photo1913.jpg

~05/03/2012~

Semogue 2011 LE FBristle 2 (#88) | EJ BChrome w/ Red IP (UK) | Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba | SL: AOS SS Lemon & NB Signature SC | NB Cooling After-Shave Gel

I usually prefer not to make superlathers b/c I like to use a product by itself and own contents. But for some reason I wanted to make one today. The last SL I did was with NB and MWF. It was good but MWF is best by itself. So today I used my AOS Lemon which is an excellent SS and its not very heavily scented. You do get a hint of the clay but is still tallow based. So since the scent is only lemon hinted I thought that
it would be great base for a SL and it went extraordinary well with NB Signature SC.
But today's shave was excellent and post shave was BBS. Well enough of that, You all have a Wonderful day Gents!

proxy.php

THURSDAY MORNING

EJ Sea Buckthorn SS
Semogue Owners Club
Georgetown G5 Scuttle
Gillette Ball-End Tech
Astra SP (6)
Alum block
TOBS Sandalwood A/S Balm
TOBS Sandalwood Cologne

CCS shave in 2 passes with some extra chin work. The Edwin Jagger soap performs very well with the SOC. I always look forward to TOBS Sandalwood in the rotation - it is a very clean scent.

TFD: "Just be yourself today - It will give the folks around you something to talk about..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom