What's new

Has there been a New Jersey Get Together?

I did a search and didn't see anything resulting in NJ get togethers. I know there have been a bunch of NYC meetups and North Jersey is basically the 6th borough but I'd love to see a NJ meetup. Any interest in a meeting? Anyone interested from the surrounding areas; PA, NY, DE ?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I did a search and didn't see anything resulting in NJ get togethers. I know there have been a bunch of NYC meetups and North Jersey is basically the 6th borough but I'd love to see a NJ meetup. Any interest in a meeting? Anyone interested from the surrounding areas; PA, NY, DE ?

We had a couple meets at Rutt's Hut last year. And when Scott was visiting from Kansas, we met here in South Plainfield in August. If you want to organize something, please go ahead. There are a number of NJ guys here on B&B.

I was just recently thinking of that. We can have a meeting down the shore. It should be nice now that summer is over, Tiki Bar or something like that inside.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear about the interest, I was thinking about a NJ meetup for a while. I'm going to gauge interest in the next week or so. I was thinking about Rutt's too but I think I'll look into a different venue since it's been done. I try to get to Rutt's Hut every two weeks or so, 2 rippers, cremated fries with gravy, and a miller high life.

There are a bunch of us in SOUTH Jersey that would like to attend. Let's look for a location that's easy for all Garden Staters to get to.

Atlantic City might be a good spot, especially off-season. Trenton area would work, too. Princeton is about an hour's drive for me, but has a lot of classy venues that would host an event like this in grand style.

There are a bunch of us in SOUTH Jersey that would like to attend. Let's look for a location that's easy for all Garden Staters to get to.

Atlantic City might be a good spot, especially off-season. Trenton area would work, too. Princeton is about an hour's drive for me, but has a lot of classy venues that would host an event like this in grand style.

Princeton wouldnt be a bad spot. Its pretty much central NJ and easy to get to from all over.

I-195 roughly bi-sects the state ... perhaps we should look around there to find a site. That's assuming we have equal numbers coming from North and South. We should take a casual head count.

Of all the suggestions so far, I like Princeton best. Let's try and schedule it for a time when "A Little Taste of Cuba" is open, so some of us can kill two birds with one stone on this trip.

I-195 roughly bi-sects the state ... perhaps we should look around there to find a site. That's assuming we have equal numbers coming from North and South. We should take a casual head count.

Of all the suggestions so far, I like Princeton best. Let's try and schedule it for a time when "A Little Taste of Cuba" is open, so some of us can kill two birds with one stone on this trip.

Princeton is fine with me, its off of 195, US 1, 95 and the rest.

I would.....
We had a couple meets at Rutt's Hut last year. And when Scott was visiting from Kansas, we met here in South Plainfield in August. If you want to organize something, please go ahead. There are a number of NJ guys here on B&B.
Including me:wink2:
I was just recently thinking of that. We can have a meeting down the shore. It should be nice now that summer is over, Tiki Bar or something like that inside.
that sounds cool.

Meetup......did I hear Meetup ????
:001_tt1:

I'm in Central NJ - would love to go to a NJ meetup if possible!

I'm glad to hear about the interest, I was thinking about a NJ meetup for a while. I'm going to gauge interest in the next week or so. I was thinking about Rutt's too but I think I'll look into a different venue since it's been done. I try to get to Rutt's Hut every two weeks or so, 2 rippers, cremated fries with gravy, and a miller high life.
I'm in.....

I vote for Atlantic city too...

Princeton wouldnt be a bad spot. Its pretty much central NJ and easy to get to from all over.
A.C may be more known, I think.

I propose Star Tavern in Orange! Or Martinos.
Martinos? in South Jersey?

Little Cuba in Atlatic City sounds good.

Could Little Cuba host us?
Sure why not. I go there to club out all the time.:wink2:

Little Cuba in Atlatic City sounds good.
A Little Taste of Cuba is in PRINCETON, not Atlantic City. They have a second location in New Hope, PA.

Looking at a map, Atlantic City seems a lot farther south than I thought it was. Still, it would be easily accessible to anyone coming from anywhere in the state.

I still like Princeton. It is more centrally located, and if members want to come in from NE PA it would be easier to reach than AC.

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jim Could Little Cuba host us?
I don't know if you ever been there, but A Little Taste of Cuba is one of the finest cigar stores I've ever been to. While I haven't been there in 10 years or more, I doubt its changed much.

It has a small seating area for smokers. Perhaps a half-dozen overstuffed lounge chairs.

I don't think it would be a good place for us shave-geeks to meet to talk about shaving. Its too small to host more than 2 or 3 of us at a time, and its focus is on tobacco, not soaps and creams and blades and brushes.

I just wanted to have a little side-trip there to pick up some cigars either before or after our gathering.

There are numerous restaurants, bistros, eateries, etc. in the immediate area, along with upscale shopping for other interests such as clothes, books, home furnishings, kitchen gadgets, etc.

No matter where we meet, the side-trips are secondary. But whenever I think of Princeton, the Cuba store immediately comes to mind.

Princeton seems like a good location, centrally located. Atlantic city seems far for the northern crowd, close to 3 hours. Rutt's seems a far for the southern crowd although I LOVE RUTT'S HUT. I enjoy a good cigar so a side trip to Little Cuba sounds like fun, I'll bring some cigars to pass around.

We still need a date. Does a weekend in November sound good?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Princeton seems like a good location, centrally located. Atlantic city seems far for the northern crowd, close to 3 hours. Rutt's seems a far for the southern crowd although I LOVE RUTT'S HUT. I enjoy a good cigar so a side trip to Little Cuba sounds like fun, I'll bring some cigars to pass around.

We still need a date. Does a weekend in November sound good?

Princeton sounds good to me, an early November Saturday or Sunday would work for me.

Top Bottom