What's new

Acquisitions for August 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody found anything yet ??

Went into a little shop I know of that opens a couple of days a week for a couple of hours. Just happened to be driving past and noted it was open.

Found this cool travel kit :lol:

proxy.php

Inside a #58 and a very worn wooden brush

proxy.php

Cleaned up nicely :smile:

proxy.php

( The actual travel bag and brush have been disposed of :lol: )

Last edited:
Nobody found anything yet ??

Went into a little shop I know of that opens a couple of days a week for a couple of hours. Just happened to be driving past and noted it was open.

Found this cool travel kit :lol:

proxy.php

Inside a #58 and a very worn wooden brush

proxy.php

Cleaned up nicely :smile:

proxy.php

( The actually travel bag and brush have been disposed of :lol: )

That's a superspeed, isn't it?(sorry, I'm a noob)

BTW: good call to dispose of the brush, it looks horrendous. I really wonder why some people think anyone would buy such worn out pieces of :censored:. But than again, if you see people who offer this crap, you know you can get a good deal, because they don't know the first thing about shaving.:w00t:

That's a superspeed, isn't it?(sorry, I'm a noob)

BTW: good call to dispose of the brush, it looks horrendous. I really wonder why some people think anyone would buy such worn out pieces of :censored:. But than again, if you see people who offer this crap, you know you can get a good deal, because they don't know the first thing about shaving.:w00t:

It's a British Gillette #58. A variation on the Rocket HD with fancier knurling on it. Came in a distinctive red case:

proxy.php

Don't worry about being a newb, we all started there at one time, you'll quickly become obsessed and be able to tell a razor from the notch on the bar, the shape of the endcaps,........:lol:

Being from Belgium , you're probably more likely to find British Rockets etc than you are to find US made Superspeeds. Brit razors are very nice especially the rhodium coated Aristocrat ( #15,#16, #22,#66 etc ) series.

Yeah, I'm all into restoring old brushes, but not something like that.........:smile:

Last edited:
It's a British Gillette #58. A variation on the Rocket HD with fancier knurling on it. Came in a distinctive red case:

proxy.php

Don't worry about being a newb, we all started there at one time, you'll quickly become obsessed and be able to tell a razor from the notch on the bar, the shape of the endcaps,........:lol:

Being from Belgium , you're probably more likely to find British Rockets etc than you are to find US made Superspeeds. Brit razors are very nice especially the rhodium coated Aristocrat ( #15,#16, #22,#66 etc ) series.

Yeah, I'm all into restoring old brushes, but not something like that.........:smile:

How does one restore brushes? Put in a new knot and clean up the handle or is there more to it?

proxy.php

Also, if you're this good at identifying razors, would you please have a look at this post for me? http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/243837-Need-some-help-identifying-this-one!

Picked this up through a friend of a friend. He wouldn't take more than he'd paid for it. $2.

Pretty sure it's a Canadian fat handle Gillette Tech, from 1938-45. I could very easily be wrong on some of those points. I got a kick out of the two old blades it came with.

I'd cleaned up the razor a bit before I took the picture...I know, I've got to remember to take pictures before.

Attachments

• $tech 2.jpg
    $tech 2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 940
  • $tech 1.jpg
    $tech 1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 938
  • $Tech 3.jpg
    $Tech 3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 939
OK This is Probably My best score on EBay yet, I got these two Nice Gem Razor's And a Nice C-1 Flair Tip Super Speed Made in 1957.

Got these for $8.17 and $5.00 S&H Total of $13.17 Not bad as there in Excellent Condition all 3 of them :w00t:

Attachments

• $3 Razors 2 Gems and a Gillette.jpg
    $3 Razors 2 Gems and a Gillette.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 799
  • $3 Razors 2 Gems and a Gillette (2).jpg
    $3 Razors 2 Gems and a Gillette (2).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 801
  • $3 Razors 2 Gems and a Gillette (3).jpg
    $3 Razors 2 Gems and a Gillette (3).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 801
  • $3 Razors 2 Gems and a Gillette (4).jpg
    $3 Razors 2 Gems and a Gillette (4).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 802
  • $3 Razors 2 Gems and a Gillette (5).jpg
    $3 Razors 2 Gems and a Gillette (5).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 801
Last edited:
I just picked up a Geo. Savage and sons double xx razor. It has pressed horn scales, and reads, xx Geo Savage & Sons Norwich Place Sheffield xx on one side, and Sole Manufactures of the Double x Razors on the other. It has double thumb notches as well. Ebay?? Not a chance!!! Nope, I met a guy we sat and chatted in front of Panera Bread for 2 hours I looked through his collection. The Savage said, Take me home! I will post pics soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom