What's new

Post Your Pictures: Japanese Razors

Some of my favorite threads in the Straight Razor forums are the ones chock full of pictures. They help keep my SRAD nice and healthy. The Stewards, Josh and Bill, and I thought it would be good fun to have threads dedicated to pictures of razors. Not necessarily fancy SOTD shots, just razors. Big razors, little razors, fancy razor and plain razors - all razors are welcome.

Lately, I've really been enjoying Japanese razors, both traditional and western style. They are so smooth and easy to use. (Well, the traditional Japanese straight isn't so easy but that is my fault, not its shortcoming.) Given how under-appreciated they seem, I thought we'd kick off these threads with one dedicated to shots of your Japanese razors.

So let's see 'em guys. Post Your Pictures: Japanese Razors, both traditional and western!

Last edited:
Akamatsu M-55 Manaslu, 6/8

proxy.php

Tokyo Coral, 6/8

proxy.php

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
:blink:

Wow, great photos of great razrs! I'll add my humble efforts of my one and only Japanese ... oh, I guess I could have included my Feather ... razor.

These are great pictures. Are there cheaper japanese straights on the market? I've been interested but whenever I find a japanese striaght anywhere online it's always upwards of at the very least 300+. Are there such things as beginners japanese straights?

I gotta dig into some of my SOTD shots past and find them. Will post pictures later. But, the list is:

1. 6/8" Solgen (2.5" length)
2. 5/8" "The Diamond" Extra Hollow
3. Manaslu 55 (on order)...thanks Henry for the tip :001_smile
4. Toyo Sheön Burg #775

Last edited:
Hayashi Diamond, 6/8

proxy.php
[/quote]

Covered tang and all.....Are the Diamond razors available as current manufactured goods or NOS? This is the first one I've seen and it's impressive.

I gotta dig into some of my SOTD shots past and find them. Will post pictures later. But, the list is:

1. 6/8" Solgen (2.5" length)
2. 5/8" H. Diamond Extra Hollow
3. Manaslu 55 (on order)...thanks Henry for the tip :001_smile
4. Toyo Sheön Burg #775

Robert, let's see some Pics! :thumbup:

I picked up a NOS Hanasama (6/8 @ widest) from Telly earlier this year (pics are from his ad). Hard to believe how long this thing keeps an edge... one heck of a great shaver!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom