What's new

Toothpaste without sorbitol

I absolutely hate the taste of sorbitol, which seems to be in just about every "regular" toothpaste out there. I have tried a couple of natural toothpastes (Tom's and Burt's Bees) and wasn't impressed with how well they worked.
Does anyone have any other suggestions for toothpaste without sorbitol?

There are two that I like that do not contain it. One is Squigle (Blue box with fluoride). It has 36% Xylitol, water, silica, glycerin, poloxamer, cellulose gum, mint flavor(not strong), anatase, methocel, glycyrrhizin, sodium hydroxide. I get that through the dermstorm on-line because of the free shipping but they require a purchase of two tubes.

The other is a toothpowder from Eco-Dent. Original mint flavor is the one I like but they have others. http://www.eco-dent.com/

I use Jason Natural toothpaste with fluoride and xylitol, and it does not contain sorbitol. I don't know if all Jason toothpaste are sorbitol free, but I think most are.

Awesome. Thanks so much for the tips. I'll have to cruise the local "health food" stores, looking for some of those. If that doesn't work out, I'll start surfing the web.
Glad to hear anymore tips anyone else may have!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
You got to be careful with Sorbitol as manifacturer often put it in candies, cough syrup, etc. It can give you the runs if taken in a large quantity...

Does Tom's have sorbitol in it?

Not the tube that I have. My teeth just don't feel as squeaky clean as they do with "normal" toothpaste. I'm happy with the lack of aftertaste in Tom's just hoping to find something that leaves me feeling cleaner.
If I understand correctly the sorbitol is only a sweetener and shouldn't be contributing to the cleaning.

vademugum made for the swedish king, natural snd no flouride
marvis hasxone of thrirs that is withoutcsorbitol
I like the sorbitol. Helps me be regular lol
Nice dad jim

Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil & Neem toothpaste is my favourite of all time. It has a nice wintergreen flavour and no artificial sweeteners.

The Dessert Essence Tea Tree Oil mouthwash is also the best one I've ever tried. It is so smooth and fresh compared to caustics like Listerine. The spearmint flavour matches the above toothpaste.

Also, since they don't have added synthetic flavours, the sickly "just brushed your teeth" aftertaste doesn't last forever.

I'll use these products for as long as they are on the market; I'll never touch Colgate and the other mainstream brands again. They are full of SLS and other junk that should not be ingested.

They also don't have fluoride; I don't know if that's a requirement for you, but I'm happy enough without it.

I absolutely hate the taste of sorbitol, which seems to be in just about every "regular" toothpaste out there. I have tried a couple of natural toothpastes (Tom's and Burt's Bees) and wasn't impressed with how well they worked.
Does anyone have any other suggestions for toothpaste without sorbitol?

My family are using Soladey toothbrush for a while. Our dentists say our teeth are healthy and clean. You don't need to use toothpaste when you use Soladey toothbrush to clean your teeth. It only needs water and light. I am from Australia. You can get them and replacement heads from http://www.bingssafesolutions.com.au/Soladey-Toothbrush-p42.html. The toothbrush handle lasts for a life time.

i've used hydrogen peroxide, as well as baking soda.....(but not at the same time). I also found toothpaste powder on ebay.

I notice that a lot of "natural" toothpastes don't have flouride. Can anybody tell me what the advantage of this is? I thought that flouride was important to tooth care?

And while we're at it, does anyone know why you're not supposed to import products containing xylitol into California?

Top Bottom