What's new

Dovo with running leaf scales

hey folks,
here's the latest off the bench today.
Nice Dovo with nickle scales and black enamel.
Brass pinning.

enjoy :biggrin1:

Gorgeous! Simply Gorgeous! For some reason, the first thing popped into my mind is Chris Reeve knives with their wonderful artwork and colors. And I mean that in the most complimentary way!

Awsome scales!

If I may ask, how is the black and nickel contrast created? It appears as though you have two layers of metal, if that is the case that is some damn intricate metal cutting. Awsome scales. There I said it twice one for each side. :thumbup1:

Awsome scales!

If I may ask, how is the black and nickel contrast created? It appears as though you have two layers of metal, if that is the case that is some damn intricate metal cutting. Awsome scales. There I said it twice one for each side. :thumbup1:

Thanks!
Yes there are two layers. The top layer it the pierced layer with this pattern. Then they are soldered together and filed true. The black is an epoxy enamel the is then inlayed and allowed to cure.

cheers!

I definately do. :w00t: It depends on how a project is going as to which feeling I'm dealing with. :tongue_sm
:001_smile:w00t::mad3::001_rolle:angry::cursing::crying::mad2::behead::jump:

I can barley fathom the tension in the air when you get to the leaf detailing, "Is the phone unplugged, has the door been locked, is there a chance of an airplane flying over head, is my Venus fly trap okay?"

For something that I believe is hand crafted/marked the scaling in the design is hell of an accurate, you will have to excuse my accent coming through there.

Top Bottom