What's new

Looking for a good "old school" barber & barber shaves in New Jersey Shore area?

Hi everyone, this is my first post so if it is in the wrong section I apologize and would appreciate if someone could move it over to where it belongs.

Does anyone have any recommendations of an old-school barber shop (not a salon) that has good barbers as well as does straight razor shaves in the Jersey Shore area around, say, Red Bank, Long Branch, Belmar area? I only know of 3- Shaves in Spring Lake, Mickey's in Avon, and Old World Shaving Parlor in Red Bank.

I've never been to Shaves but based on their website it looks more like a salon than a barber shop. (Not meant as an insult)

Mickey's is pretty good, but the barber I really like hasn't been there in awhile so I'm not sure if he's coming back.

Old World Shaving Parlor seems to have really good word of mouth, haven't tried them yet but I am planning to.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any other barber shops in this area that also does straight razor shaves.

Thanks, guys.

gsp

I live in Avon and the only one I haven't been to on that list is Shaves. I might add that I will not go there.

Micky's is okay but I don't like it in there. Micky is a bit over the top for me and I didn't like the service I got there.

Old World Shaving Parlor is def the way to go. I was there on Friday for a shave. The owner (shane I believe is his name) is a great guy. He used to work at Shaves as well as NY Shaving Company. That's the way to go. he gives a great haircut and shave. An interesting guy as well.

He's an army vet and every other monday he picks up WWII vets and brings them in for free cuts and shaves. That's his way of giving back to the community.

His shop is beautiful and he just hired an additional barber for part time. He comes from a long line of barbers and takes a lot of pride in his shop. He sells great products, I'm not sure how his prices are though.

What's great about his shop is that he built it himself. All of the cabinets we made himself. A great guy. When you go in there (because I know you will) tell him I recommended you if you could. He's had a couple people from B&B go in there because of things I've posted prior. I don't get a discount (nor do I ask for one) I just want him to know I'm on his team.

Let me know what you think!

PS: Ask him about the Sweeney Todd trap door and say hi to Harley for me.

Micky's is okay but I don't like it in there. Micky is a bit over the top for me and I didn't like the service I got there.

There used to be an older Italian barber at Mickey's and he was really good- really took his time and was very skilled, but I don't think he's there anymore.

My last cut was at Art's in Red Bank, the barber was really nice and the cut was okay. Didn't even ask about a shave since it wasn't on the price list. My next cut & shave will be at Old World. Since the owner hired another barber that seems like he's doing well. Can't wait to try it.

Top Bottom