What's new

Witch Hazel question

I was reading some discussion on using balms vs splash and there was a lot of talk about witch hazel being good for the complextion. Some guys said they splashed over their entire face rather than just the shaved area. They claimed it helped keep the forehead blemish free.

Now my question is, will witch hazel bleach hair? If I'm splashing it on my forehead, it will be hard to not get some on my hair. I have very long hair, so I put a great deal of effort into keeping it healthy. I don't want to do anything that will damage it. Especially since the withc hazel would be hitting right on the roots at the hairline (the hardest area to keep long).

Does anyone know?

I use it as an aftershave splash and I am sure some splashes on my sideburns.
Definitely no bleaching here. :thumbup1:

For a more controlled application than just splashing try soaking a cotton pad with the witch hazel and then wiping the pad all over the face. This allows you to control exactly where the witch hazel goes and you can avoid getting it in your hair.

I haven't noticed any turning grey but I have noticed it turning loose. :ohmy:

EDIT: Actually it turned loose a LONG time ago. Witch Hazel is safe to use around your hair.

Last edited:
I use it frequently and it gets on my hair a bit. I am 36 and have no hair loss or receding hairline. THEREFORE, it simply must be the case that not only does Thayer's WH not bleach your hair, but it actually prevents hair loss.

Now my question is, will witch hazel bleach hair? If I'm splashing it on my forehead, it will be hard to not get some on my hair. I have very long hair,

First off......Get a haircut, Hippie!!
and secondly I use it daily all over my face and forehead and so far my megacool sideburns have not had any bleaching :001_smile
Wp

Top Bottom